DESCRIPTION: 2017 super hero movie. The fourth in the DC Cinematic Universe.
DIRECTED BY: Patty Jenkins (Monster). Breaking Bad producer Michelle MacLaren was originally chosen but left over creative differences.
WRITTEN BY: Allan Heinberg. The openly gay comic book writer is responsible for the relaunch of Wonder Woman. Zach Snyder (who's in charge of the DC movies), screenwriter Jason Fuchs (Pan) and comic book writer Geoff Johns helped with the story.
- Israeli actress Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. She was five months pregnant during the reshoots.
- Chris Pine as Steve Trevor. Liam Hemsworth, Alexander Skarsgard and Scott Eastwood were considered for the role.
- Robin Wright as Antiope
- Danny Huston as Erich Ludendorff. There really was a German general by that name. He was much more interesting than the movie character. His belief that Germany was betrayed by incompetent military generals, embrace of pagan mysticism and hatred of Jews was later heavily embraced by Hitler.
- British actor David Thewlis as Sir Patrick Morgan
- Danish actress Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta. Nicole Kidman was originally considered but had to pass because of a scheduling conflict.
- Spanish actress Elena Anaya as Doctor Poison
- British actress Lucy Davis as Etta Candy
STUDIO: Warner Brothers
MY TAKE: I really liked it. Had the humor and heart that's been missing from the DC movies. She was the sole bright spot in Batman Vs Superman and will most likely be the only saving grace in Justice League. I'm curious to see how her sequel turns out. I'm hoping Cheetah and Giganta will be the villains.
- They needed to explain Diana's ability to speak and understand languages better. In the comics, she has the gift of language through the goddess Athena. But in the movie, it's implied that she understood English, German, Chinese, Spanish, Sumerian because she simply studied really hard, which is silly.
- Ludendorff and Doctor Poison were very hokey. I liked Ares but I think they missed an opportunity with him. I think he should have been the poison gas itself. His body dissolved, the gas needs human deaths to reconstitute. It makes him more sinister and harder to kill. He kills thousands in WWI. Millions in WWII. And then tens of millions as a cancer-causing chemical in everyday items.
- A Wonder Woman revival has been in the works for over twenty years. In 1996, producer Joel Silver wanted Sandra Bullock to star. In 2005, Joss Whedon tried to put together a movie with Angelina Jolie in mind. In 2011, David E. Kelly pitched NBC a tv-series with Adrianne Palicki starring.
- It's already a huge hit, making almost half a billion dollars at the box office in its first weekend alone.
- Filmed in London, France and Italy.
- Premiered in Shanghai, China.
- It's been banned in Lebanon because actress Gal Gadot is Israeli and Muslims can't handle being in the presence of a Jew or their little heads will explode from blasphemy.