WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY: James Gunn (who also did the first movie)
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill (aka Star Lord)
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
- Vin Diesel as Groot
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket
- Michael Rooker as Yondu
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis
- Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet. Fox traded the rights to him in exchange for Marvel letting them use Negasonic Teenage Warhead in Deadpool. Gary Oldman, Viggo Mortensen, Christoph Waltz, Christopher Plummer, Max von Sydow, Liam Neeson and Matthew McConaughey were also considered for the role. Ego is Latin for "I Am."
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin. He's also the director's brother.
- Chris Sullivan as Taserface. He's best known for playing Toby on "This Is Us."
- Australian actress Elizabeth Debicki as Ayesha.
STUDIO: Walt Disney
MY TAKE: I loved it. It had everything that makes a movie great. Humor. Heart. Special effects. Characters you care about. The potential for more adventures. Even the soundtrack is great. The music makes the movie without getting too hokey.
- It's only been out for a few days and has already made almost half a billion dollars.
- Filmed in Atlanta.
- Premiered in Tokyo
- There were a bunch of cameos
- Sylvester Stallone, Michael Rosenbaum, Ving Rhames, Michelle Yeoh and Miley Cyrus appear at the end as a Ravager team inspired by the original Guardians of the Galaxy comic book characters.
- Creator Stan Lee is seen talking to a group of Watchers.
- Seth Green pops up again as Howard the Duck.
- Rob Zombie gave voice to one of the Ravagers.
- David Hasselhoff appears briefly when Ego is showing different faces.
- "Farscape" and "Stargate" actor Ben Browder can be seen as a Sovereign admiral.