DESCRIPTION: 2015 Norwegian disaster movie about a rockslide creating a devastating tsunami.
DIRECTED BY: Roar Uthuag. His next movie is a reboot of Tomb Raider.
WRITTEN BY: John Lare Raake and Harald Rosenlow. Their next project is an earthquake movie, which apparently will serve as a sequel and reunite the cast.
- Kristoffer Joner as Kristian Eikjord.
- Ane Dahl Torp as Eikjord
- Jonas Hoff Oftebro as Sondre Eikjord.
STUDIO: Danish studio Nordisk Film, one of the oldest film studios in the world.
MY TAKE: I watched the English dub version. I liked it. Good old-fashioned disaster movie. Although I cracked up watching the Norwegians evacuate. Americans are too dumb. Two thirds would have slept through the alarms while the rest would have either stood around stupidly or argued about what was going on.
- Norway's official submission to the Academy Awards.
- All of the actors did their own stunts, including the underwater swimming.
- Premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Made $8.2 million at the box office, making it the most successful film in Norway in 2015. It's estimated that one out of six Norwegians saw it in theaters.
- Cute Guy Alert:
- Jonas Hoff Oftebro. I was hoping the 21-year-old skater boy would strip down to swim.